Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Treat to Gobble


If you are in New York and looking for an awesome chocolate treat L.A. Burdick is the place to go!  Just like me, L.A. Burdick was born in 1984 (just another reason for me to love them, its a sign).  Now that the weather outside is getting cold, a hot cup of chocolate is the perfect touch for a perfect day!  If I lived in New York this would be my favorite spot to grab a drink and a nibble and relax with a book.  The store is adorable and they have such lovely decorations, interesting facts about chocolate decorate the walls and large displays of chocolate in fanciful jars and boxes adorn the full shelves.  Beautiful lighting and holiday charm adds the right touch of special to the atmosphere and the air is filled with the most luscious smell of chocolate I have ever experienced.  It is almost impossible to walk in without getting more than one treat!


My absolute favorite item from Burdick's New York Cafe is their amazing hot chocolate! I have tried all three and each one is beyond superb! Rich, thick, creamy and full of chocolatey goodness! For serious chocolate lovers I highly recommend the dark chocolate cup. It is certainly not overbearing but I also love dark chocolate so maybe I'm not the best at advising if you don't love dark chocolate. Another aspect of Burdick that I love is their seasonal treats! Just in time for Thanksgiving they have these adorable and delicious turkeys! My favorite is the milk chocolate ones filled with the pecan, bourbon and chestnut ganache. The tails are coated almonds and each are special because they are handmade! Amazing!


Here's what they say about their adorable turkeys, "Gobble them up! What a fun & delicious way to celebrate an American tradition. These delectable turkeys are some of our most popular holiday items. Each is hand-piped with flavored ganache and boasts a tail of almond feathers. Four turkeys come nestled in an elegant and festive box making great gifts that can be shipped anywhere. Buy individual table favors for each place setting and a box of four for the hostess to express your gratitude! Each box contains 2 dark chocolate turkeys with clementine ganache, and two milk chocolate with pecan, bourbon and chestnut ganache."

No comments:

Post a Comment